ShowTable of Contents
General Upgrade Notices
The upgrade from Crossware Mail Signature Version 3 to Crossware Mail Signature Version 4 should be seamless, there are no specific steps to be taken before the upgrade.
As always it is recommended that you perform a full backup of the esig.nsf database. The database contains the binaries if needed.
Please review the System Requirements
as this has changed.
Upgrading from Version 3.09 and above Notices
There are no specific requirements for upgrading from Version 3.09 or above.
A change was made in Version 3.09 to the method of generating Local Rich Text Signatures. The new method allows support for sub-signatures and will correct an issue which may occur with the paragraphs in the Rich Text fields. For users of the local signature functionality, the above changes will result in an updated signature being issued to all users.
Upgrading from Version 3.08 Notices
IMPORTANT: When upgrading from Version 3.08, extra care must be taken if the (!NewLineFormula!) (see How to add Carriage Returns into a formula
) have been used as part of a configuration. In V3.08, support for double quotes was added to allow returned data to contain single quotes (see Issue http://wiki.crossware.co.nz/wiki/signature/v3wiki.nsf/dx/200
This fix caused the (!NewLineFormula!) feature used in V3.07 installations to fail. To resolve the issue (!NewLineFormula!), look-ups require modification.
In 3.09 the above fix has been undone and the "escaping" on look-ups has been implemented as an option of the look-up document. Therefore, existing formulas that contain escape characters need to be edited and the new option selected.
If you are unsure if your look-ups require modification, please send a support copy (see Support_Database
) of your signature configuration to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to upgrading, and we will investigate any necessary modifications..
- 8bit mime email incorrectly decoded.
- Malformed MIME_PART can cause server to crash.
- Signature selection is based on Config name
- Add support for Italian iPhone replies.
- ConvertToHTML incorrectly sets ByteCount causing domino crash.
- View collection left open in GetLDAPConfig causing memory leak.
- Advanced Mime editor reload button fails on sub signature
- txt attachments have incorrect boundary written.
- Crash if adding addition CRLF to MIME email.
- Email to force update of signature for Post 85 Local Signature
- IsEmailReplyNew-past end of RT Buffer - log messages.
- Signature_GetLatestNumber Runtime Error
- Non English systems will fail validation on version when using non decimal symbol.
- Allow option form local signatures to only process on Home mail server
- Add parameter to license validator to show user configuration.
- User added to license count twice,
- RuleBuilder used invalid SendDate in interface.
- Remove restriction on FullName field when processing email
- Principal field as an email address does not get processed.
- iPhone replies have alternative mixed in different positions.
566 - Spelling mistake in error message when converting OLD Rich Text signature to Advanced MIME Editor.
- License check can cause max CPU.
- Add Convert Rich Text to HTML option on configuration document.