Step 1 - Change Your Directory To Connect To Production
NOTE: It may take up to 2 hours for the Microsoft Office 365 process to run.
- Click on the link for Step 1 that you were sent via email.
- Login with your Office 365 credentials to give the Production Crossware Mail Signature access to your Office 365 Directory.
Step 2 - Change Your Configuration
Please log into Microsoft Office 365 for the following steps.
- From the Admin portal, click on Admin down the left-hand side, and click on Exchange.
- From the Exchange Admin Portal, click on Mail Flow and then the connectors tab.
You may need to change 2 connectors:
1. Your inbound connector.
2. Your outbound connector.
Modify Inbound Connector
- If your inbound connector has the word “trial” in the name you will need to modify it.
- Select your inbound connector & click on the pencil icon to modify it.
- Change the name to: “MailSignatureIn”.
- Save your changes.
Modify Outbound Connector
- Select your outbound connector & click on the pencil icon to modify it.
- If the name has the word “Trial” in it, change the name to: “MailSignatureOut”.
- Change the smart host name by selecting it and clicking on the pen icon.
Smart Host Details:
Crossware Production Asia Pacific
Smart Host: mstrafficsmtp-aus.crossware.co.nz
Crossware Production Canada
Smart Host: mstrafficsmtp-can.crossware.co.nz
Crossware Production US
Smart Host: mstrafficsmtp-usa.crossware.co.nz
Crossware Production France
Smart Host: mstrafficsmtp-france.crossware.co.nz
Crossware Production Europe
Smart Host: mstrafficsmtp-europe.crossware.co.nz
Crossware Production All Regions (Please do not use the below if your Tenant has been provisioned after 25 Nov 2018)
|Asia Pacific ||mstrafficsmtp-ap.crossware.co.nz ||Primary relay host is in Microsoft South East Asia region. Failover will take place in US then EU. |
|US ||mstrafficsmtp-us.crossware.co.nz ||Primary relay host is in East US region. Failover will take place in EU then AP. |
|Europe ||mstrafficsmtp-eu.crossware.co.nz ||Primary relay host is in Europe North region. Failover will take place in AP then US. |
- The smart host name needs to change to “mstrafficsmtp-xx.crossware.co.nz“, where “xx” is one of the values in the table above. Depending on what region you are in, please use the appropriate smart host name.
- Save all of your changes to the connector.
- Add the external user (this is a user NOT part of your Office 365 environment eg a gmail / hotmail / yahoo email address) to the Validate Connector screen.
- Click the Validate button.
- Click Next again and the connector will attempt to validate the connector, and you should get the following result.
Step 3 - Check the CrosswareMSTransportRule
- After creating connectors, remain in the Mail Flow section, and click on the Rules tab.
- Select the CrosswareMSTransportRule rule
- Click on the pencil icon to edit it
- As part of the Auto Deployment the Group which the Transport Rule applies to is called "CrosswareMailSignatureTrialUsers" Group
- Either update this "CrosswareMailSignatureTrialUsers" Group for users or shared mail boxes whose email requires a Crossware Signature
- OR Click on the highlighted link above and add your own Groups
- Make sure to save your changes by clicking on the Save button at the bottom.
NOTE: Changes to Office 365 Rules may take up to 45 minutes to take effect.
Test That Your Set-Up Is Working
- Log onto Crossware Mail Signature using the URL provided in Step 3 of your setup email. Login with your Office 365 credentials.
- When you login you will be provided with a screen which will ask you to authenticate using your Microsoft Credentials. Note: If you are already logged into Office365, you won’t need to enter your details.
- Send a test email:
- Open the Signature configuration document Example Signature 1, and click on the Send Test Email, your details should be automatically populated.
- Select a host and click Send.
- Confirm that you have received the test email.
- Add user(s) to the group used in the “Rule” above.
Important note: If you are the owner of this group you will also need to be added as a member to ensure you have a signature appended.
b. Send a test email from your Web Access/Outlook client and confirm that emails are being delivered correctly.
- Copy your Trial Signatures:
If you wish to use the trial signatures you created, copy the content from the following areas in your trial configuration into new objects in your production configuration:
- Customized lookups.
- Images/logo’s in the image library (if any).
- Signatures and sub-signatures.
Step 4 - You're Ready To Go
Congratulations! You have completed your set-up.
If you want to design your email signature, click on Create a Signature